Overclocking the "R600"
April 24, 2007 11:04 AM
comment(s) - last by
2.0 GHz memory frequencies? No problem.
Anh beat me to
benchmarks by a few mere hours -- when you snooze, you lose at
. Needless to say, I feel somewhat compelled to add my benchmarks to the mix as well.
The system I'm using is an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800, ASUS P5N32SLI-E
with 2x2GB DDR2-800. My tests this morning used the Catalyst 8.361 RC4 driver. The card used was a Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB.
Like Anh, I was able to get pretty close to
a 2.0GHz memory clock while still keeping the system stable
. For reference, my GeForce 8800 GTX (core clock at 650 MHz, memory at 2.0 GHz) scores 14128 (1280x1024) and 11867 (1600x1200) on the same system with ForceWare 158.19.
I'm currently benchmarking the Radeon HD 2900 XTX, though I'll revist the XT if anyone has any particular requests.
This article is over a month old, voting and posting comments is disabled
4/26/2007 10:55:07 AM
An incandesent light bulb is only about 5% efficent (the light), the other 95% of the energy is wasted on heat.
Thats why the push for the world to change to the new coiled floresent bulbs.
They are over twice as efficent putting about 12% of the power to light using less power (a 20W floresent puts out as much light as a 75W bulb) and last 5 times longer.
A semiconductor is an "active" device, the "work" they perform is the millions of logic gates inside a chip being switched on and off millions of times a second and held in a given state (on or off) the entire time.
Resistors are a "static" device that simply restricts the flow of DC current by disapating it as heat (in series), or redirects the current flow (and voltage) when in parallel.
Nothing involving electricity is 100% efficient, not even wire.
Buy using better materials and using lower voltages semiconductors are becoming more efficient, but they always produce some waste in the form of heat.
"Well, we didn't have anyone in line that got shot waiting for our system." -- Nintendo of America Vice President Perrin Kaplan
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Performance Benchmarks
April 24, 2007, 4:03 AM
Latest By Sven Olsen
CNET Networks to Layoff 10% of Its Workforce
March 26, 2008, 3:34 PM
AMD Phenom 2008 Roadmap
December 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
Radeon HD 2900 XTX Coming Back, Kinda
June 11, 2007, 1:12 AM
"Barcelona" Benchmarks? Don't Believe 'Em Just Yet
May 15, 2007, 4:17 AM
AMD to Drop "Athlon" Moniker on the High End
May 2, 2007, 9:48 AM
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XTX, Doomed from the Start
April 26, 2007, 12:01 AM
Overclocking the "R600"
April 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
Rahul Sood Speaks on the Future of Voodoo
April 10, 2007, 2:50 PM
DailyTech Digest: GeForce 8800 Ultra
April 7, 2007, 2:19 PM
Mid-range GeForce 8000-series Launch Dates, Prices
April 7, 2007, 2:03 PM
Tinkerer Gets Old School Mac Plus Running on the Modern Web
March 24, 2015, 6:41 PM
Facebook-Backed Oculus Rift's Release Date Slips to 2016; Valve and HTC Salivate
March 16, 2015, 5:58 PM
Hackers Steal Roughly $1 Billion From Banks Using Malware RAT
February 17, 2015, 9:30 AM
NVIDIA Kills Mobile GPU Overclocking, Robs Customers Who Paid For It
February 16, 2015, 8:59 AM
Apple Offers Refurbished 5K Retina iMacs for $2,119 Online
January 16, 2015, 12:37 PM
SanDisk Unveils Pricey iXpand USB 2.0/Lightning Drive to Expand iPhone, iPad Storage
November 13, 2014, 2:29 PM
Most Popular Articles
WSJ Report Implies That Google Leveraged Lobbying to Kill Antitrust Abuse Probe
March 25, 2015, 5:37 PM
Half a Billion Dollars of U.S. Weaponry May be Lost to al-Qaeda, Rebels in Yemen
March 23, 2015, 2:12 PM
Samsung, Dell, Pegatron to Preinstall Microsoft Office 365 on Android Devices
March 23, 2015, 4:02 PM
Texan WISP Owner With Colorful History Sues to Block FCC Net Neutrality Rules
March 24, 2015, 1:19 PM
NVIDIA's Latest Windows 10 Drivers: Still Too Unstable For Primetime
March 24, 2015, 4:45 PM
Latest Blog Posts
Sceptre Airs 27", 120 Hz. 1080p Monitor/HDTV w/ 5 ms Response Time for $220
Dec 3, 2014, 10:32 PM
Costco Gives Employees Thanksgiving Off; Wal-Mart Leads "Black Thursday" Charge
Oct 29, 2014, 9:57 PM
"Bear Selfies" Fad Could Turn Deadly, Warn Nevada Wildlife Officials
Oct 28, 2014, 12:00 PM
The Surface Mini That Was Never Released Gets "Hands On" Treatment
Sep 26, 2014, 8:22 AM
ISIS Imposes Ban on Teaching Evolution in Iraq
Sep 17, 2014, 5:22 PM
More Blog Posts
Copyright 2015 DailyTech LLC. -
Terms, Conditions & Privacy Information