Optimus Trying to Gain Back Fans
February 13, 2007 5:07 PM
comment(s) - last by
Art Lebedev's much anticipated 103 keyboard is one step closer to completion
Much has been written
about the Optimus keyboard from Art Lebedev. Even though the company has so far failed to live up to the hype it has received, they still manage to pop up every now and then. This time around, the Russian design studio
announced that production for the OLED screens for the Optimus 103 keyboard has reportedly started
. Assuming that everything goes according to plan, a product release before the end of the year is a realistic possibility.
The studio expects the custom OLEDs for the Optimus 103 to come in sometime in April, according to Artemiy Lebedev, chief operator of the studio.
Perhaps this news will help the company get back some of the fans it inadvertently lost after several web sites published how much the keyboard could cost consumers -- a modest $1,200. Several readers previously mentioned how the keyboard is insanely close to officially becoming Vaporware, joining the ranks of famed devices such as the Phantom game console.
Assuming that the keyboard really won't cost a ridiculous amount, I am all about getting one. In essence, I believe that it could end up being a neat novelty item. I'll still remain rather pessimistic until the keyboard officially hits shelves.
This article is over a month old, voting and posting comments is disabled
price is insane
2/14/2007 5:16:48 AM
Price is totally of the chart.. you'd be crazy to spend the money on something like this unless:
1) you already have an over clocked system with all the top components.
2) you're a mac-sorta user with 30" display and, don't really care what things cost as long as it looks stylish/consider it wort the cost when it comes to style and creativity.
3) you really really like small dynamic displays touching your fingers every time you switch a program.
RE: price is insane
2/15/2007 9:05:20 AM
1) Said system is not top dog in a month.
3) Think of it more for the multi language fields of work and for shortcut intensive applications, most notably the Photoshop series. Some can't or don't choose to remember all the command/shortcuts and it will boost productivity. For multi language fields....just think...you can have someone next to you type in zerty and then when they get up and it is your turn to type change a setting and the keyboard is back to qwerty, and it just isn't the mapping it is the actual keyboard with out needed the Previous used 4 or more Icons per key. Most likely not distributed with every system build but for customer training it might be the best thing for a teaching lab. All in all it isn't just for looks or "geek" factor it has great functionality for professionals.
"I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For [Paramount] to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks!" -- Movie Director Michael Bay
The Ultimate Disappointment: The Optimus Keyboard
December 8, 2006, 6:30 PM
Latest By Michael Hoffman
MC Hammer Tries to Cash in on Video Sharing
January 5, 2008, 10:18 PM
Researcher: Video Games Possibly More Analgetic Than Drugs
January 2, 2008, 4:58 PM
NASA Offers Cryptic Report of Air Traffic Safety Study
January 2, 2008, 12:02 AM
NASA: Large Asteroid Could Hit Mars Next Month
December 26, 2007, 2:41 PM
JR Tokai to Build Maglev Train Service With Own Money
December 26, 2007, 1:10 PM
International Space Updates, December 2007
December 20, 2007, 8:54 AM
Gaming Peripheral Makers Look Forward to Bright Future
December 19, 2007, 10:22 AM
U.K. Moon Mission Receives NASA Support
December 19, 2007, 4:49 AM
DoCoMo, Apple Discuss iPhone Launch in Japan
December 19, 2007, 4:43 AM
International Space Updates, December 2007
December 15, 2007, 10:37 PM
Xbox One's Release Date in China Set for September 23
July 30, 2014, 1:15 PM
Chinese OEM KingSing Launches $99 Windows 8.1 Tablet with 3G Connectivity
July 30, 2014, 11:04 AM
Samsung Sees Decline in Share, Shipments in a Growing Smartphone Market
July 30, 2014, 9:43 AM
UK Drivers Must Now Give Their Cell Phones to Police After a Crash
July 29, 2014, 4:37 PM
Ford to Switch 3,300 Employees from BlackBerries to Apple iPhones by Year's End
July 29, 2014, 2:08 PM
Quick Note: Hilton Hotels to Use Smartphones as Room Keys, for Check-In/Check-Out
July 29, 2014, 12:53 PM
Most Popular Articles
Facebook Will Force Android, iOS Users to Use Messenger App This Week
July 29, 2014, 11:26 AM
Sony's Xperia Z3 Gets Detailed in Leaked Photos
July 25, 2014, 2:30 PM
Ford's Extensive Use of Aluminum in '15 F-150 Results in $395 Increase for Base Models
July 28, 2014, 3:02 PM
Report: Apple to Launch 12" Retina MacBook Air, 4K Desktop Product Later this Year
July 24, 2014, 4:33 AM
Pentagon's Priciest Project, F-35, Misses International Debut
July 25, 2014, 10:18 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Space Terrorism is a Looming Threat For the United States
Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM
Facebook Aims to Provide Internet to "Every Person in the World" with Drones, Satellites
Apr 1, 2014, 10:20 AM
Retail Mobile Sites Experience Outages in Light of Simplexity's Bankruptcy
Mar 14, 2014, 8:48 AM
Tesla vs. BMW: Who Has the Safer EV?
Feb 1, 2014, 2:56 PM
Justice Leaks Details of Next HTC One Two Flagship Phone
Dec 5, 2013, 4:04 PM
More Blog Posts
Copyright 2014 DailyTech LLC. -
Terms, Conditions & Privacy Information