Optimus Trying to Gain Back Fans
February 13, 2007 5:07 PM
comment(s) - last by
Art Lebedev's much anticipated 103 keyboard is one step closer to completion
Much has been written
about the Optimus keyboard from Art Lebedev. Even though the company has so far failed to live up to the hype it has received, they still manage to pop up every now and then. This time around, the Russian design studio
announced that production for the OLED screens for the Optimus 103 keyboard has reportedly started
. Assuming that everything goes according to plan, a product release before the end of the year is a realistic possibility.
The studio expects the custom OLEDs for the Optimus 103 to come in sometime in April, according to Artemiy Lebedev, chief operator of the studio.
Perhaps this news will help the company get back some of the fans it inadvertently lost after several web sites published how much the keyboard could cost consumers -- a modest $1,200. Several readers previously mentioned how the keyboard is insanely close to officially becoming Vaporware, joining the ranks of famed devices such as the Phantom game console.
Assuming that the keyboard really won't cost a ridiculous amount, I am all about getting one. In essence, I believe that it could end up being a neat novelty item. I'll still remain rather pessimistic until the keyboard officially hits shelves.
This article is over a month old, voting and posting comments is disabled
price is insane
2/14/2007 5:16:48 AM
Price is totally of the chart.. you'd be crazy to spend the money on something like this unless:
1) you already have an over clocked system with all the top components.
2) you're a mac-sorta user with 30" display and, don't really care what things cost as long as it looks stylish/consider it wort the cost when it comes to style and creativity.
3) you really really like small dynamic displays touching your fingers every time you switch a program.
RE: price is insane
2/15/2007 9:05:20 AM
1) Said system is not top dog in a month.
3) Think of it more for the multi language fields of work and for shortcut intensive applications, most notably the Photoshop series. Some can't or don't choose to remember all the command/shortcuts and it will boost productivity. For multi language fields....just think...you can have someone next to you type in zerty and then when they get up and it is your turn to type change a setting and the keyboard is back to qwerty, and it just isn't the mapping it is the actual keyboard with out needed the Previous used 4 or more Icons per key. Most likely not distributed with every system build but for customer training it might be the best thing for a teaching lab. All in all it isn't just for looks or "geek" factor it has great functionality for professionals.
"We can't expect users to use common sense. That would eliminate the need for all sorts of legislation, committees, oversight and lawyers." -- Christopher Jennings
The Ultimate Disappointment: The Optimus Keyboard
December 8, 2006, 6:30 PM
Latest By Michael Hoffman
MC Hammer Tries to Cash in on Video Sharing
January 5, 2008, 10:18 PM
Researcher: Video Games Possibly More Analgetic Than Drugs
January 2, 2008, 4:58 PM
NASA Offers Cryptic Report of Air Traffic Safety Study
January 2, 2008, 12:02 AM
NASA: Large Asteroid Could Hit Mars Next Month
December 26, 2007, 2:41 PM
JR Tokai to Build Maglev Train Service With Own Money
December 26, 2007, 1:10 PM
International Space Updates, December 2007
December 20, 2007, 8:54 AM
Gaming Peripheral Makers Look Forward to Bright Future
December 19, 2007, 10:22 AM
U.K. Moon Mission Receives NASA Support
December 19, 2007, 4:49 AM
DoCoMo, Apple Discuss iPhone Launch in Japan
December 19, 2007, 4:43 AM
International Space Updates, December 2007
December 15, 2007, 10:37 PM
Retiree Sues Apple For $7,500 for Wiping Honeymoon Photos From His iPhone
November 30, 2015, 10:23 AM
iPhone 7 May Pack 3-4 GB Memory, More Storage; 4-Inch Comeback is Rumored
November 20, 2015, 10:12 PM
OnePlus One, OnePlus 2 Will Receive Android Marshmallow in Q1 2016
November 16, 2015, 9:58 AM
Lenovo Whoa: Motorola Droid MAXX 2 and Turbo 2 Break Cover in Leaks
October 26, 2015, 3:12 PM
Leak: Apple Preps for First Real Android App Foray With New Apple Music App
October 24, 2015, 1:59 PM
Pepsi Smartphone? Empty Calories Coming Soon to the Midrange
October 12, 2015, 11:41 PM
Latest Blog Posts
Sceptre Airs 27", 120 Hz. 1080p Monitor/HDTV w/ 5 ms Response Time for $220
Dec 3, 2014, 10:32 PM
Costco Gives Employees Thanksgiving Off; Wal-Mart Leads "Black Thursday" Charge
Oct 29, 2014, 9:57 PM
"Bear Selfies" Fad Could Turn Deadly, Warn Nevada Wildlife Officials
Oct 28, 2014, 12:00 PM
The Surface Mini That Was Never Released Gets "Hands On" Treatment
Sep 26, 2014, 8:22 AM
ISIS Imposes Ban on Teaching Evolution in Iraq
Sep 17, 2014, 5:22 PM
More Blog Posts
Copyright 2016 DailyTech LLC. -
Terms, Conditions & Privacy Information