quote: My job takes me to more remote places....and for $40/month I get 2000 anytime min, free nights/weekends, and unlimited text.
quote: The $5 mandatory fee will generate approximately $23.5 million every month for Cingular. The company claims that the majority of its customers (92 percent) use phones based on Global System for Mobile (GSM) technology, while the rest use TDMA phones or even older analog phones. Despite the small minority of older phone users, Cingular is required by the FCC to support analog users until early 2008.
quote: So 23.5m / $5 is 4.7m subscribers. Most of those are probably in rural areas and I'm guessing that the majority of the subscribers in the Metro areas are using GSM. 4.7m is 8%, so the other 92% is around 54.05m subscribers that use GSM. This means that if everyone uses $40 a month plan Cingular is getting $2.35t per month from their subscribers.
quote: But my friend and neighbor has the same phone and service, and he gets dropped during business hours and has a few places he gets no reception, I only have one little area I get dropped (all the time).
quote: Makes me happy that I don't use those POS's.