Quick Note: Apple Invites Companies to “Copy” Its Environmental Record
April 22, 2014 7:58 AM
comment(s) - last by
Apple is proud of its "green" record
Apple and Samsung are
still embroiled in a bitter patent lawsuit
in which the former accuses the latter of
slavishly copying its iconic products
. But in a fresh newspaper ad, Apple is actually inviting its competitors (more than likely, just Samsung) to “copy” its environmental record instead.
The text from the ad is below (click this
for the actual ad):
There are some ideas we want every company to copy.
There’s one area where we actually encourage others to imitate us. Because when everyone makes the environment a priority, we all benefits. We’d be more than happy to see every data centre fueled by 100% renewable energy sources. And we eagerly await the day when every product is made without the harmful toxins we have removed from ours.
Of course we know we can continue to do better. We’ve set some pretty ambitious goals for reducing our impact on climate change, making our products with greener materials and conserving our planet’s limited resources. So the next time we come across a great idea that can help leave the world better than we found it, we look forward to sharing.
The ad is just one of the many initiatives that Apple has taken up this week in celebration of Earth Day. The company’s retail stores temporarily “painted” the leaves on its Apple logos green in celebration of Earth Day.
[Image Source: Instagram/
Apple is also offering free recycling of used Apple products. The company had previously recycled used Apple products that were in working, resalable condition in exchange for Apple gift cards. The recycling offer has now been extended to used Apple products in any condition; but don’t expect to receive a gift card if you bring in a busted
And to cap off Apple’s “green” efforts this week, check out this video from CEO Tim Cook:
This article is over a month old, voting and posting comments is disabled
RE: Credit given where credit is due
4/22/2014 1:18:30 PM
"Actually, 1.8% according to Apple's numbers. They count all manufacturing carbon emissions in their environmental report, down to the mining of raw materials."
OK, they account the green data centers at 1.8%. What does that do for the other 98.2%, most of which is outsourced? - Nil.
"They also count consumer product usage in their carbon emissions as well."
Wow, really? Laptops tablets and phones are energy start compliant? AMAZING. Show me some that arent?
"So, yes, at least in reporting numbers, Apple holds the bag for the manufacturing of products. I would really like to see equivalent companies reports."
It is good they report it, and like I said, if it brings awareness that is also a good thing, but they havent actually done a whole lot here. They addressed the energy waste in 1.8% of their overall footprint and they seem to want to be praised for it.
Well, thank you. /golf clap.
“And I don't know why [Apple is] acting like it’s superior. I don't even get it. What are they trying to say?” -- Bill Gates on the Mac ads
Apple, Samsung Head to Court in Second U.S. Mobile Patent Trial, Google to Speak Up
March 31, 2014, 3:44 PM
Apple Fires Second Suit, Says Galaxy S/Tab Ripped Off iPhone/iPad
June 24, 2011, 11:18 AM
Verizon Wireless Unlimited LTE Customers Rejoice; Throttling Campaign Canceled
October 1, 2014, 4:57 PM
Quick Note: Apple's iPhone 6 Billboards are Ironically Bent
October 1, 2014, 4:55 PM
Now Verizon Wireless is Jumping on the "Double Data" Bandwagon
October 1, 2014, 2:50 PM
Sprint Counters AT&T’s Double Data Promotion, Offers Even Larger Data Pools
October 1, 2014, 1:38 PM
Report: Microsoft’s Lumia 530 to Hit T-Mobile This Month for $69 Off-contract
October 1, 2014, 9:10 AM
Quick Note: Pebble, Pebble Steel Smartwatches Reduced to $99, $199 Respectively
September 30, 2014, 3:59 PM
Most Popular Articles
New AT&T Mobile Share Value "Double Data" Promotion Lasts Through October
September 28, 2014, 8:32 AM
Update: Apple Releases iOS 8.0.2 Update to Make Up for Botched 8.0.1 Release
September 25, 2014, 8:19 PM
Appalling Negligence: Decade-Old Windows XPe Holes Led to Home Depot Hack
September 8, 2014, 8:58 PM
TiVo Mega Features 24TB of Storage, Can Record Three Years* Worth of TV Content
September 8, 2014, 8:45 AM
FBI Outraged That Apple, Google are Adopting Digital "Locks" to Protect Users
September 26, 2014, 1:00 PM
Latest Blog Posts
The Surface Mini That Was Never Released Gets "Hands On" Treatment
Sep 26, 2014, 8:22 AM
ISIS Imposes Ban on Teaching Evolution in Iraq
Sep 17, 2014, 5:22 PM
Space Terrorism is a Looming Threat For the United States
Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM
Facebook Aims to Provide Internet to "Every Person in the World" with Drones, Satellites
Apr 1, 2014, 10:20 AM
Retail Mobile Sites Experience Outages in Light of Simplexity's Bankruptcy
Mar 14, 2014, 8:48 AM
More Blog Posts
Copyright 2014 DailyTech LLC. -
Terms, Conditions & Privacy Information