quote: I just do not get it!
quote: Apart from apparently not giving a shit about the rest of the world and the rest of humanity
quote: Some drive less than 30-40 miles a day and can run such vehicles for hundreds or thousands of miles only on the batteries
quote: But when I discuss this stuff, boom -1. Nobody wants good discussion, you're just not allowed to violate the sanctity of the Church of Batteries on Daily Tech.
quote: The Golf GTE offers combined cycle fuel economy (provisional) of about 157 mpg US (1.5 l/100 km) and CO2 emissions of 35 g/km. Theoretical range is around 580 miles (933 km).
quote: I've already explained why current electric cars - hybrids or all-electric - are pure fail...but yeah, there is a devoted group of tree-humping trolls that think burning anything other than weed is the root of all evil.
quote: I'm about as far from a tree hugger as can be, but I still drive a Camry Hybrid. Most my driving is in city/rush hour traffic, where I average around 36 MPG, which is DOUBLE what I used to get out of my 4 cyl Camry. Plus tha car has more HP. How is that a fail?
quote: I'd love a reasonably priced plug-in Hybrid, as even a 20 mile range would cover my commute most days. However, the high price of the larger batteries and loss of trunk space (and spare tire) makes them impractical at this time.
quote: As for an all-electric car, I agree that they are a fail for most people. A Leaf would cover 90% of my driving like my commute, but what am I suppose to do the other 10% of the time when I have a 200+ mile round trip?
quote: NOW VW thinks we want only 30 and less if its hot or cold out??
quote: Plus I bet the GTE is a whole lot more fun to drive than the Cruze.
quote: Luckily the same people who bitch about wanting a CHOICE to drive their v8 gas guzzlers should also like having a choice to not pay the price premium of diesel at the pump.