backtop


Print 26 comment(s) - last by .. on Aug 30 at 7:42 PM

Cyber criminals like Jessica Biel, using her name as a lure to infect Internet users with viruses and spyware

During 2009, actress Jessica Biel has proven to be the most popular celebrity for criminals to use to help distribute spyware, adware, malware, launch phishing attacks, and viruses against unsuspecting Internet users, McAfee said in an annual report.

The risk is so serious, in fact, that there is a one in five chance of running into a possible security risk each time searching for her name.

Last year, Brad Pitt was the most popular celebrity used by criminals, with a 20% percent risk as well.  Pop singer Beyonce was runner up both in 2008 and 2009, with Pitt's ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston, slotting into third place.

Searching for "Jessica Biel screensavers" poses a security risk as users have a 40 percent chance of downloading a virus, the McAfee research indicates.

"Cybercriminals are star watchers too," McAfee product development VP Jeff Green said in a statement.  "They latch onto popular celebrities to encourage the download of malicious software in disguise."

Celebrities and popular current news events are the most commonly used topics for criminals to use while trying to trick customers.  In 2009, a SARS e-mail worm was distributed, Swine flu spam circulated, and similar trendy tricks were used to deceive Internet users.

As the overall number of phishing attempts reportedly dropped in the first half of 2009, criminals are becoming more sophisticated in their attacks against unsuspecting Internet users.



Comments     Threshold


This article is over a month old, voting and posting comments is disabled

Ehhh
By kontorotsui on 8/27/2009 9:07:09 AM , Rating: 2
Dangerous lady




RE: Ehhh
By FITCamaro on 8/27/2009 9:20:02 AM , Rating: 5
Think about how much fun getting a virus from her would be though..... ;)


RE: Ehhh
By Brandon Hill (blog) on 8/27/2009 9:29:44 AM , Rating: 5
Looks like Diddy is already plottin' his next move in the pic above ;)


RE: Ehhh
By FITCamaro on 8/27/2009 11:00:42 AM , Rating: 5
Must.....not.....grab......titties.......

<insert motor boat noise here>


RE: Ehhh
By Trisagion on 8/27/2009 9:28:39 AM , Rating: 2
Only if it's an STD...


RE: Ehhh
By tviceman on 8/27/2009 10:58:21 AM , Rating: 2
You'd be able to brag about it and show it off for the rest of your life!

/nothanks


RE: Ehhh
By FITCamaro on 8/27/09, Rating: -1
RE: Ehhh
By StevoLincolnite on 8/27/2009 9:32:30 PM , Rating: 5
That is wrong and disgusting, and please seek professional help.


RE: Ehhh
By kaoken on 8/27/2009 3:31:57 PM , Rating: 2
You won't be smiling when that herpes come rolling around, and around.


RE: Ehhh
By callmeroy on 8/27/2009 10:09:51 AM , Rating: 2
You guys kind of beat me to it .....I wouldn't mind taking the risk to get a virus from her. :)

Especially...I don't know the name of the movie , there is an up coming movie she is starring in as an exodic dancer....

She has one of the best bodies of any current well known female movie stars on the planet....


Funny pic
By Diepper on 8/27/2009 9:59:05 AM , Rating: 2
Did anyone notice where PDiddi was looking... Kinda funny that he got caught checking her out. LOL




RE: Funny pic
By rburnham on 8/27/2009 10:54:24 AM , Rating: 3
Love the picture! Men are men, the world over.


RE: Funny pic
By tmouse on 8/28/2009 8:17:46 AM , Rating: 3
He was just checking out the Golden Globes.


Let's see...
By ice456789 on 8/27/2009 10:36:34 AM , Rating: 5
If I do a search for "Hot Jessica Biel Pictures" I have a 20% chance of downloading a virus. That means I have an 80% chance of actually seeing hot Jessica Biel pictures! Maybe it's worth the risk?




By maverick85wd on 8/27/2009 9:41:13 AM , Rating: 3
after seeing her in those panties I was HOOKED.




This Just In
By Ratinator on 8/27/2009 11:09:43 AM , Rating: 2
The occurrances of PCTDs (PC Transmitted Disease) is on the rise. Experts indicate a lack of proper protection such as anti-virus as the leading cause of PCTD. The community has been urged to be on the lookout for Jessica Alba and Brad Pitt as having single handed contact with your keyboard is one of the most common ways to be infected.




By on 8/28/2009 10:26:09 PM , Rating: 2
http://www.crispstyle.com Sell:Ed/POLO tshirt$13,jean$30,handbag$35,jordan shoes$32,jean$30 Free shipping!

the website kicksquality :/ for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the

nike,jordan,prama,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the

decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive,

and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short

time.

free shipping
competitive price
any size available
accept the paypal

our price:
gstar coogi evisu true jeans $36;

coach chanel gucci LV handbags $32;

coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $15;

CA edhardy vests.paul smith shoes $35;

jordan dunk af1 max gucci shoes $33;

EDhardy gucci ny New Era cap $15;

coach okely **** CHANEL DG Sunglass $16;

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s28 ( JORDAN SHOES )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s1 ( Ed Hardy )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s5 ( Bikini )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s6 ( T-Shirt )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s29 ( Nike_shox )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s21 ( Air_max_man )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s65 ( Handbag )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s11 ( Jeans )

http://www.crispstyle.com/productlist.asp?id=s6 ( Polo tshirt )




By on 8/30/2009 8:56:52 AM , Rating: 2
http://www.crispstyle.com

bikini$25

(air jordan, air max, shox tn, rift, puma, dunk sb, adidas)

nike jordan shoes 1-24 $32

lv, coach, chane bag $35

COOGI(jeans, tshirts, hoody, jacket) $30

christian audigier(jeans, tshirts, hoody) $13

edhardy(shoes, tshirts, jeans, caps, watche, handbag) $25

Armani(jeans, tshirts,) $24

AF(jeans, coat, hoody, sweater, tshirts)Abercrombie & Fitch $31

http://www.crispstyle.com




By on 8/30/2009 7:42:58 PM , Rating: 2
http://www.crispstyle.com

bikini$25

(air jordan, air max, shox tn, rift, puma, dunk sb, adidas)

nike jordan shoes 1-24 $32

lv, coach, chane bag $35

COOGI(jeans, tshirts, hoody, jacket) $30

christian audigier(jeans, tshirts, hoody) $13

edhardy(shoes, tshirts, jeans, caps, watche, handbag) $25

Armani(jeans, tshirts,) $24

AF(jeans, coat, hoody, sweater, tshirts)Abercrombie & Fitch $31

http://www.crispstyle.com




Does anybody here know how to write?
By artemicion on 8/27/09, Rating: -1
By artemicion on 8/27/2009 10:43:46 AM , Rating: 1
nm, i read the sentence again and it's not as ambiguous since the first interpretation is rather awkward. but for some reason it was the first interpretation i thought of when i read it. it's early in the morning here.


By johnsonx on 8/27/2009 11:18:31 AM , Rating: 3
Actually at first read I thought it was supposed to be funny - the suggestion that Jessica Biel IS the cyber criminal made me chuckle.


By Shadrack2 on 8/28/2009 7:54:15 AM , Rating: 2
I read it that way the first time too and got a little chuckle out of it, but she won't have a 'Skank vs Google' case without an extra comma.


By noirsoft on 8/29/2009 6:03:57 PM , Rating: 1
If they wanted it to mean that she was a cyber criminal, there would have been a comma before the word "like".

"Cyber criminals, like Jessica Biel"

not "Cyber criminals like Jessica Biel"

Grammar exists for a reason.


"It looks like the iPhone 4 might be their Vista, and I'm okay with that." -- Microsoft COO Kevin Turner











botimage
Copyright 2014 DailyTech LLC. - RSS Feed | Advertise | About Us | Ethics | FAQ | Terms, Conditions & Privacy Information | Kristopher Kubicki